Plan a hassle-free India Wildlife Tour Packages
India can be your destination for the next holidays. But the most important thing before coming to India is to decide what are you up to in your next vacations. Because of Indian diversity, it becomes really confusing for a tourist to decide.
Activities that you can try during India Wildlife Tour
If you are looking for a wildlife tour, India has a huge collection of birds, reptiles, animals, etc. preserved in Wildlife Sanctuaries and National Parks. Therefore, you get a chance to choose according to your interests. To make your planning a hassle-free process, we have compiled the best of everything, including some do’s and don’ts. IN India, you can try on the following activities:
- Jungle Safari
- Bird Watching
- Tiger Spotting
- Elephant Safari
- Indian Rhino Sighting
- Lion Safari
1. Jungle Safari
India is granted with best wildlife reserves, populated with distinct flora and fauna. Abundant with thick forests, lofty hills, roaring rivers and valleys full of flowers, India attracts tourists from all over the world to take the thrilling experience of Jungle Safari. You can have fun by shooting the wilderness along with jeep and elephant rides. During the Jungle Safari in Bandhavgarh, Jim Corbett, etc., you can catch sight of animals like Sumantran Rhinoceros, Kashmir Stag, Black Buck, etc.
2. Bird Watching
For a bird lover, India can be a place full of delight as it features 1250 species in different regions. With a fair share of native birds, India also receives several migratory birds throughout the year. From Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary in north to Thattekad Bird Sanctuary in south, Indi hosts a profuse variety of birds. Some of the famous birds of India are Indian Peafowl, White- throated Kingfisher, Hornbill, Pigeons and Doves.
3. Tiger Spotting
India houses the world’s highest density of tigers in around 25 tiger reserves of the country. The national animal of India is also an endangered species. Watching tiger roaming around in its natural home can be the most sough-after experience for a wildlife enthusiast. The mighty cats can be discovered in the months of April and May in Pench Tiger Reserve, Ranthambore National Park,etc. in India.
4. Elephant Safari
India possesses various sanctuaries where elephant safari can be experienced in its most enjoyable form. Tourists can have a good time with elephants in Jim Corbett National Park, Kaziranga National Park, etc. Eravikulam National Park in Kerala and Dudhwa National Park are few among the best places to see Indian elephants.
5. Indian Rhino Sighting
Sighting Indian Rhinos can be really fun for the tourists as these are very friendly in nature. These are different from the African Rhinos due to their horns. Indian ones have only one while the African ones are endowed with two horns. These can be discovered in plenty in Assam.
6. Lion Safari
The Asiatic Lion is another mind-blowing possession of the national parks of India. Gazing the King of the jungle walking openly in the wild can be electrifying experience for all the wildlife aficionados. Gir National Park in Gujarat is the most visited location for witnessing the Asiatic Lions.
Besides all the above mentioned animals, the visitors can also seek pleasure in setting their eyes on snow leopard, saltwater crocodile, sambar deer, golden chinkara, wild pigs, etc. as well as multiple birds like Grey Hornbill, Asian Paradise Flycatcher, Himalayan Monal, etc. These species can be encountered in the famous national parks and wildlife sanctuaries of India like:
- Bandipur National Park, Karnataka
- Kaziranga National Park, Assam
- Bandhavgarh National Park, Madhya Pradesh
- Jim Corbett National Park, Uttarakhand
- Nagarhole National Park, Karnataka
- Kanha National Park, Madhya Pradesh
- Things to Carry
- It is advisable to dress yourselves in clothes suitable for all weather conditions along with bring a spare pair of clothing.
- One also must carry their cameras with right type of lenses to take back home some unforgettable memories.
- For the case of emergency, a medical kit should also be available with you.
- An extra set of memory cards and batteries are also recommended to bring along.
- Never bother the wild animals as they are not accustomed to human interaction. Enjoy watching them from a distance.
- Avoid feeding the animals because even the herbivore may attack you.
- Don’t forget to abide by the rules and regulations while capturing the beauty of nature and wildlife.
- Maintain the decorum of the forests and do no litter anywhere during your tour.
- Smoking is absolutely prohibited as jungles can catch fire quite furiously.
- Choose to take a tour with a professional wildlife guide so that you can make the most of your wildlife tour to India.
- It is suggested not to take children on wildlife tour if you wish to explore the wildlife on foot.
- Refrain yourself from breaking the rules during your tour to national parks.
Do’s and Don’ts
Now, don’t hold over your desires to have a look at the rich flora and fauna inherited by India. Run through the Indian wilderness keeping all the rules in consideration.